Thursday, October 02, 2008

One Fish, Two Fish; Red Fish, Blue Fish

Again, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia was amusing in just the right ways. I mean, Glenn Howerton at a glory hole is no bad thing, right?

But they had to have Charlie losing teeth. That'll haunt me tonight. I mean, I've gotten to the point now I'm know I'm dreaming when I dream all my teeth fall out of my mouth, but I can't make myself wake up, so it's still gross.

In completely different news, I got a new cell phone yesterday, a Sanyo Katana XL. It's the cheapest one in the store, but I like it. It has a camera, which is all I really wanted. Not that I know what I'm going to take pictures of, but I can.

I almost -- almost -- went out of my mind and got the Samsung UpStage. Actually, this one. Not because it was sleek (though it was). Not because it had an mp3 player (but it did). But because it was red*. Thankfully, before I blew the extra money, I came to my senses and realized I would never use any of its features and if I did, I would run up stupidly large charges at least once.

So now I have my little blue phone with the neat translucent OLED display to amuse me. But when it's folded up, it is rectangular, and it has a little light on top when you take pictures. And it is /dark/ blue. More than anything, I want it to make TARDIS dematerialization sounds when it rings. But I'm not clever enough to do that. :(

*I like red things. My dream kitchen -- and yes, I have fantasized about exactly what it would be like -- would have all read appliances. The closest I ever came to this was a neat red trashcan with a dome lid and a super-duper toaster/oven with red trim.

Needless to say, I retain neither. But I will have a red kitchen.

No comments: