Thursday, September 19, 2002

I go in for training at WXDU tonight. I'm quite excited. When I was in Durham Tuesday I looked for the place. I didn't quite find it, bit I did find East Campus and one of the cross streets. I will of course get lost tonight, but I will factor in that much time.
Incidentally, the cross street I mentioned was Broad Street: where the Basement is, and where I stood Aruni up. At least I can find it now. Hmm. I need to email her.
O Gentle Reader, we had a visitor.
To answer one of his questions, here is the source of the Blog's name: It is a reference to a play and a painting. The play is Tennessee Williams' The Eccentricities of a Nightengale. The painting is Edward Hopper's Nighthawks, a print of which I've had since I was a sophomore in school. That's pretty much me, somewhere in between those two.
(And as it happens, I haven't read the Motel Chronicles, though I have read most of Shepard's dramatic work. His earlier stuff, like The Hidden Hand, I like best.)

No comments: