Thursday, August 29, 2002

"Love without hope, as when the young bird-catcher
Swept off his tall hat to the squire's own daughter,
So let the imprisoned larks escape and fly
Singing about her head, as she rode by."
Robert Graves (the same guy who wrote I, Cladius)

I like that one...
The point of lyric poetry to describe the emotion of a moment. I think that poem hits it. It means a lot to me, as it describes a good 98.5% of any affection of mine. Not that anyone would know this, working as I have for years to build up a cyncial shell.
I have lovely dark circles under my eyes from staying up till 5 am talking to a Vicious Bi Bookshop Girl.* **
I continue to wear my fake fut hat.
I smoked an actual cigarette today. *Swoons in extasy (yes it is how you spell it) at the mere recollection* Man, I miss the smokes. And you look so very cool doing it. Sigh...

I also chaned the Blog's name. More poetic, if not actually as precise.

*Llew is not actually Bi. It was only part of her collegiate experience. It was a religious experience, apparently.
** Llew is not actually vicious. At all. She is the modicum of all female virtue. She quite regrets cropping some young Turk's feathers. Though he did deserve on't.

No comments: